Total Pageviews

Friday, October 6, 2023





 Fall is Here!!!


After the long HOT summer that we have had, the beginning of Fall is a blessing. The early mornings and the evenings are now, for the most part, nice and cool. It is so nice to be able to go out on the deck in the morning for my coffee and bible reading. Then, in the evening to be able to sit out there and have a nice glass of wine. The leaves are not turning here very much, and some of the trees are even loosing their leaves already. 

I finally got a little Fall decorating done. This year I don't think I will be putting up as much as I usually do. I will, however, be adding to it with more things for Thanksgiving. I had started a small turkey collection last year, so can't wait to put them out. For some reason I just love anything turkey.

Pumpkins are another favorite thing of mine. I have managed to get one big pumpkin for the deck and a couple of pots of mums, along with some other Fall items. YouTube is a favorite place for me to go to when I am looking for ideas's and then how to made what I have found. I have made a few small fabric pumpkins that I want to give to some friends this year. Got a few more to finish up.


Last year I designed a garland of fabric acorns that I hung across the fireplace. I still have to find them to add to my decorations this year. Here is a picture so you can see what they look like. Oh yes, in the second picture you can see my pumpkin head doll I made several years ago. His head is made out of papier mache. He was a lot of fun to make.



I have been working on my cross stitch, but I am so slow, and my stitching time has been very limited since I have opened my little booth in an antique district in a town about 34 minutes from here at home. I hope to have a couple or finishes to show you in November.

Here are a few pictures to close with. This is a short, not very newsy post, hope to have a much better one for November. I probably won't have one for Halloween since I don't do much with that anymore.

Happy Sewing and stitching to all.





This last picture is how I wish my deck looked like!! Love it.


Blessing to you all!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment