Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Boy Is It Hot!!!


Oh, my has it been hot here in Kansas!! We are in the second week of 100 and over degrees every day. Some of the older folks that I know, say this weather is a lot like it was about 80 years ago. I think of that and feel blessed that at least now, we have air conditioning to help keep us cool. My heart goes out to all of the livestock. When I was on my way into town yesterday, I noticed the cattle in the ponds. Hopefully we are supposed to get a break from this heat on Sunday. Can't wait. 
 
I finally got my studio all cleaned out and moved all of my fabric and sewing supplies to our home and barn. I have gone from around 750 sq feet to a very small bedroom, for now. My poor house looks like a storage unit!  I think that I will try, in the spring, to get a small pre-built building moved out here for my sewing studio. I will still use the barn for storage for my Ebay listings. This move forced me into something I had been thinking about for a long time. That is, I have opened up a very small booth at an antique mall building. My main items are vintage fabrics, patterns, books and sewing related items. I will also offer some quilts along the way. So far it has held its own, so I am pleased about that.

Needless to say, I haven't been getting much sewing done lately, but I have been doing some cross stitching in the evenings. My horses and stitching help to save my sanity :-)  The  coloradostitcher hosts an online summer camp each year, so I decided to sign up. It really has been fun. Keeping kept up each month has been a real challenge, but I have managed to get the stitching done, but only one fully finished. The first month, June, we were supposed to stitch a bird. I chose to do a robin by theprairieschooler. I'm not sure how I want to fully finish this one up yet.

For July it was supposed to be something that grows. This time I chose a small stitch from a book called 'The Sampler Motif Book by Brenda Keyes. It is a small basket full of oranges and grapefruits, I made it into a needle book. I just made it up as I went. It turned out pretty good.


Unfortunately, I got a late start on the August stitch. For this last stitch I have chosen Nessie Mitchell 1929 by MommaLovesYouGB. The assignment was to choose to do something you had never done. This is a black sampler and I have never done one in black before. I haven't gotten very far yet but am working on it almost every evening. Pretty sure I won't have it done by the end of the month, but hopefully, shortly thereafter.





I am so thankful that I found Cross Stitching again, I am a subscriber to Fat Quarter Shop's Video's with Kimberly Jolly and Quilt Roadies on Flosstube. This is how I found out that it has become very popular again.  I am thoroughly enjoying cross stitching again, and there are so many beautiful patterns out there! 

Thought it would be nice to close with a few pictures of some of my flowers that bloomed this summer.





Take care everyone, and Happy Stitching

Blessings to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment