Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Goodbye to 2023! 

Here it is New Year's Eve 2023. This year has been a struggle! I had to close my piano and sewing studio, which was located in a very large building. I had all kinds of room for designing and making quilts for clients. There was plenty of room for the ironing station, large cutting table, with plenty of light, design wall, three large tables for designing and storage for books, patterns, sewing notions, fabric and lots of wall space for hanging quilts. There was a nice upright piano in the building when I rented it, so I was able to continue with my piano lessons, which was a real blessing. I only used half of the building for my studio, the other half was a huge storage room.  My parents had passed away and my brother so there were lots stored from their estates. Long story short, it took me almost the whole summer to get moved out. Oh, I didn't tell you why I had to close it. My landlady decided to have the building torn down. It did need quite a lot of work that needed to be done, and she just didn't want to spend the money on it, which I understood. I really miss my studio, I had it for almost ten years. Most of my things are now stored in our barn. Hopefully I will be able to have a small building put on our place in the spring or summer. 

Looking forward to 2024! I have lots of plans that I hope to get accomplished this new year.  One is to share more tutorials with you. 


Blessings to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment