Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2023


 Welcome 2023


 Hello! Here we are in 2023 and I have so many idea's that I would like to try this year. I will really have to budget my time wisely, of which I am not very good at ☺. 

I start each day with a cup of coffee and Pat Sloans daily video on YouTube. She has so many good ideas!  If you don't already watch her, you should give it a try. She usually gets a giggle or two out of me. This month she is sharing her idea's on getting our sewing rooms organized. I am in the process of getting all of my fabric's organized in open containers, by color and holiday. After I get this all done, I will be on the lookout for storage units to place them in. Whew, a BIG job, but it will be so nice when I get it all done. Here is a link to her website: www.ilovetomakequilts.com.

I have been struggling with which direction to go with my Etsy shop. The items that sold the best were the repurposed items that I had made. I love creating them, although they can be very time consuming which really cuts into my profit margins. So, I am trying to figure out how to create nice items without spending too much time on them. I am very fortunate to have two friend's that share their overflow of vintage laces, cutter quilts, doilies etc. with me to use in my project, which is a real blessing.




I did get a little cross stitching in over the holidays. I finally finished the Prairie Schooler Santa 2005. I can't decide if I want to mount him on sticky board to put on a stand or make him into a pillow. Decisions, decisions.



Another love of mine is small quilts or mini quilts. I have made a few and really enjoy making them. I came acrost a Kathleen Tracy book about them several years ago and became hooked. You can find her on facebook and instgram. I am working on one now that is a gift for a friend of mine, so I can't show you yet. I will put a picture of it in my next blog post. 



I have a favor to ask of you. If you see this blog would you please leave a comment for me. I was getting them but the last few blogs there hasn't been any showing, so I am wondering if maybe something is wrong with it. Thank you!

These winter months is a perfect time to get some sewing or stitching done. Enjoy the process and Happy Sewing/Stitching!!

Blessings to All❤

 

No comments:

Post a Comment