Total Pageviews

Friday, November 20, 2015

A Sad Time

Sorry, it has been a long time since I have posted. In October I got a call from my brother that he had not been feeling very well. He had gone to the Dr and was told that he had a bacterial sinus infection and given an antibiotic. He took all of the script but was not getting better! Long story, short, he ended up being referred to an ENT Dr. He was having a lot of trouble breathing so she suggested a tracheotomy. This came as a shock to him so he refused, only to end up 2 days later having to have an emergency tracheotomy. My husband and I left right away for AR. Unknown to us at the time, this was the beginning of the end. My brother ended up staying in the hospital for almost 4 weeks and found out that he had stage 4 cancer of the throat! His vocal chords were paralyzed so he had to have a stomach feeding tube to keep his food from going into his lungs. It was all so fast and horrific! My husband and I had gone back home to take care of some things for him and a few things at home. During this time they decided to send him to a hospice house. They transferred him on  a Sunday and he passed away early Monday morning. I was shocked and devastated that I was not there with him. I feel that he thought that I had a banded him and this breaks my heart!!! My brother was always there for me and I wasn't there for him the last minutes of his life. This I don't think that I will ever get over. It has been really hard to process all of this, but I am really leaning on my faith. I know that God will see me thru this.
 
 
I Love You
Rest in Peace Dear Brother


No comments:

Post a Comment